Visitors of Oregon, whether first-time or returnees, always want to know what the top places are to tour in the state. This is a difficult question to answer because there are so many amazing places to see throughout Oregon. However, we have put together a list of some of the most popular tourist destinations in Oregon that you should definitely consider checking out on your next trip.
1. Columbia River Gorge National Scenic Area: The Columbia River Gorge is one of the most beautiful places in Oregon and has been designated as a National Scenic Area. The area is known for its dramatic landscapes, which include waterfalls, cliffs, and forests. There are also many hiking trails and scenic drives that wind through the gorge.
2. Mount Hood: Mount Hood is Oregon’s tallest mountain and one of the most popular tourist destinations in the state. The mountain is home to a number of ski resorts, which make it a popular destination in the winter. In the summer, visitors can enjoy hiking, camping, and fishing in the area.
3. Crater Lake National Park: Crater Lake National Park is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Oregon. The park is home to Crater Lake, which is the deepest lake in the United States. The park also features a number of hiking trails, waterfalls, and other scenic attractions.
4. Smith Rock State Park: Smith Rock State Park is a popular destination for rock climbing and hiking. The park is home to a number of cliffs and rock formations, as well as a variety of wildlife.
5. Oregon Coast: The Oregon coast is one of the most beautiful places in the state and features a number of beaches, parks, and towns. Visitors can enjoy fishing, crabbing, hiking, and camping along the coast.
6. Eastern Oregon: Eastern Oregon is a large and diverse region of the state that includes a number of different landscapes. The area is home to mountains, forests, deserts, and rivers. There are also a number of different towns and cities that are worth exploring.
7. Wallowa Lake: Wallowa Lake is a popular destination for fishing, camping, and hiking. The lake is surrounded by the Eagle Cap Wilderness, which is one of the largest wilderness areas in Oregon.
8. Hells Canyon: Hells Canyon is the deepest gorge in North America and is a popular destination for rafting and hiking. The canyon is home to a number of different wildlife species, as well as some of the most beautiful scenery in Oregon.
9. Bend: Bend is a popular destination for outdoor activities such as hiking, biking, and skiing. The city is also home to a number of breweries and restaurants.
10. Silver Falls State Park: Silver Falls State Park is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Oregon. The park is home to a number of waterfalls, as well as hiking trails and campsites.
For those who also want to experience some indoor Oregon fun, you can check out the Oregon Museum of Science and Industry (OMSI) in Portland, the Pendleton Round-Up and Eastern Oregon Livestock Show, or the Hood River County Fair. There really is something for everyone in Oregon!
We wouldn’t close our article without giving you some hints on how to prepare for your trip to Oregon. Below are some tips:
- Make sure to pack layers, as the weather can change quickly in Oregon.
- Comfortable shoes are a must as you’ll be doing a lot of walking.
- Book tickets to popular attractions in advance to avoid long lines.
- Be sure to pack bug spray and sunscreen.
- To avoid traffic hassle or getting lost, hire a Portland Limo Service to help you get around easily, in comfort, and completely safe.
- Don’t forget your camera to capture all the beautiful sights!
- Be sure to have cash on hand as some places only accept cash.
- And lastly, have fun!
These are just a few of the many amazing places to see in Oregon. Whether you’re looking for scenic beauty, outdoor adventure, or just a place to relax, you’ll find it in Oregon. So, start planning your trip today and see all that this great state has to offer!