You might be one of the many employees that have been allowed to work from home. Whether your employer has closed your workplace or you choose not to report to the office, there’s no doubt that you’re spending more time indoors. (1)
This can be a boon for both workers and companies since technology has paved the way for easier remote collaboration and communication. Nonetheless, it may also have adverse impacts on your everyday life, especially when you’re stuck at home and simply can’t go out due to the COVID-19 crisis.
Days can easily meld into nights, and this can lead to burnout. With this in mind, you must set a place for hustling and another for relaxation—even if it’s under the same roof.
Your bedroom serves as space for you to unwind after a day’s work. With that in mind, you should ensure maximum comfort and coziness in this area.
Here are six ways to do so:
1. Invest in a high-quality bed
First and foremost, you need to make sure that your bed is ultra-comfortable, from the frame to the mattress and everything on top of it. Throw in some blankets and pile on as many pillows as you like according to how toasty you want to be, especially when winter comes.
One of the most crucial parts of a bedroom is the bed. Unless you’re still in the process of purchasing a mattress, it’s highly likely that you already have one. Aside from checking its suspension and ensuring that the firmness is aligned with your preference, you should also have it undergo bed bug treatment regularly. You might not notice it, but little critters can reside on the surface and inside the cushions, and they can bite, which can hamper your overall sleeping experience.
2. Incorporate natural elements
Since you can’t easily go outdoors and enjoy the fresh air and plants, why not bring nature indoors? Incorporating natural elements into your bedroom can foster a calming and peaceful vibe for your space.
Some materials that you can use include:
- Wood – Wood is perhaps the easiest material to bring into your room. You can use it as a bed frame, side tables, lamps, or floorings.
- Brick – Another natural material that you can use is brick. Its eye-catching color is valuable when used as a focal point for your bedroom, such as using it on one wall.
- Plants – Liven up your space with living plants. Not only do they make an area vibrant and make your bedroom more comfortable by improving air quality, but they also offer immense health benefits, like reducing stress, enhancing focus, and boosting your productivity. (2)
3. Boost ambiance with lighting
Proper lighting is vital for a cozy bedroom. It’s not so much about having ample illumination, though, but ensuring that the fixtures’ positions wouldn’t give you a glare while lying down in bed.
As much as possible, you should opt for low light, especially after dark when you’re preparing to go to bed. Use several light sources, such as bedside lamps and string lights, so that you can customize the room’s illumination according to your present needs.
4. Choose your colors wisely
Colors play a crucial role in evoking the right vibe for any room. If you want a relaxing environment, you may want to stay away from highly stimulating shades, such as red and orange. Neutral colors, like white, beige, and brown, are ideal, while you can also opt for pastels, such as light blue or green. (3)
5. Don’t be scared to layer
As mentioned above, piling on the pillows and throwing some blankets as well as comforters can significantly increase the coziness level of your bedroom. The best thing about layering is that you can choose not to use them during summer but have them within arm’s reach whenever you feel cold in the middle of the night.
6. Personalize your space
Lastly, nothing makes a bedroom cozier than placing some personal trinkets in it. This will show that the space is well-used and loved. Hang some pictures to give your room a lived-in feel. If you’re artistic, you can display your artwork on the walls to showcase your talent.
Everybody wants to have a relaxing and beautiful bedroom. You can achieve this by investing in a high-quality bed, blankets, and pillows to improve your sleeping experience. Make sure to incorporate natural elements as well since these are known to provide immense benefits for your physical and mental well-being.
You should choose your lighting and colors wisely, too, so that each element in your bedroom adds to its coziness. Don’t be scared to incorporate your personal touch into your space as well.
- “How the Coronavirus Outbreak Has – and Hasn’t – Changed the Way Americans Work”, Source: https://www.pewresearch.org/social-trends/2020/12/09/how-the-coronavirus-outbreak-has-and-hasnt-changed-the-way-americans-work/
- “A Hobby for All Seasons: 7 Science-Backed Benefits of Indoor Plants,” Source: https://www.healthline.com/health/healthy-home-guide/benefits-of-indoor-plants
- “How To Create A Peaceful Bedroom In 11 Easy Step”, Source: https://www.hellopeacefulmind.com/peaceful-bedroom/