Does the thought of moving to a new home make you feel stressed and anxious? Hiring professional house movers can make your moving process a lot easier.
When you’re getting ready to move, you need a specialist. We put a list together of the reasons why you should hire help on the big moving day.
Here are our top 5 reasons why you should hire house movers instead of attempting to do it on your own.
1. Moving Companies Carry Insurance
Under federal law, moving companies must offer various insurance options:
- Basic Carrier Liability: Required by law, this liability coverage is free and based on weight and pays up to 60 cents per pound.
- Full Value Protection: This is also required by federal law and must be purchased. This pays for the market replacement value of an item or with a similar item.
- Separate Liability Insurance: This coverage is optional and pays for the insurance amount that you purchased (minus basic carrier).
By hiring professional house movers and having liability and protection coverage, you don’t have to worry about damage to your expensive items and finding the money to have it repaired or replaced.
You won’t have to lift a finger.
Professional movers have the skills and necessary equipment to move large, heavy, and fragile items without damage to your possessions or injury to themselves.
Moving companies have a team of experts that know how to properly lift and carry items out of your house or apartment. Trying to move your couch down several flights of stairs could result in injury.
3. It’s Cheaper
House moving equipment isn’t cheap and gathering the materials takes time.
You’ll need moving dollies, furniture pads, packing tape, cardboard boxes, bubble wrap, a rental truck, gas, and insurance. Don’t forget to thank your moving helpers, whether they are friends or family, for helping you. Even if it’s with food or a small gift, that’ll cost you too.
Although these individual expenses aren’t much, they add up. It also takes time to gather everything and it’s unneeded stress on an already stressful day.
4. They’re Fast and Efficient
There’s no doubt that the experts are faster and more efficient, it’s what they’re trained to do and they have the experience.
Movers know exactly how to get your furniture and other valuables out of the house without damage and how to fit everything into the back of the truck.
5. It’s Easier
Let’s not forget that it’s easier to hand the job over to a moving company.
On moving day, you can enjoy these positive aspects:
- No stress: Hiring professional house movers or a removal company is not only easier but it will ease your stress and help to avoid those unnecessary arguments on moving day.
- Comfort: You’ll experience peace of mind knowing that everything is being taken care of and you don’t have to risk injury.
- More Time for You: Moving everything yourself is an all-day process but with the help of a moving company, you have more time on your hands.
Leave It to the Professional House Movers
Don’t let moving day cause you unnecessary stress or risk of injury.
Hiring professional house movers lets you focus on other important things like your new home and neighborhood. If you’re interested in reading more about getting ready for the big move, come check out our blog.