- Name: Palmolive Building Triplex Penthouse
- Type: Super Prime Multi-Level Penthouse
- Price: $13,900,000 USD – (March 2015)
- Purchased: $12,000,000 USD – (2006)
- Bedrooms: 5
- Bathrooms: 5
- Powder Rooms: 4
- Size: 12,000 sq. ft. (1,114 m2)
- Levels: 3
- Garage: 3 spaces
- Building Stories: 37
- Originally Built: 1929
- Condo Fees: $12,155/month
- Real Estate Taxes: $49,277 (2013)
Located in the landmark Palmolive Building in Chicago, this luxurious 12,000 sq. ft. triplex penthouse overlooks Michigan Avenue’s “Magnificent Mile” shopping district and Oak Street Beach. Encompassing the top three floors of this famed 37-story luxury residential building, which is one of Chicago’s most magnificent examples of art deco architecture. Enjoying magnificent 360-degree views of Chicago’s lakefront and skyline, the penthouse affords the perfect space for formal entertaining or cozy family gatherings with soaring ceiling heights and sweeping views.
Currently configured with grand living and dining spaces over 3 levels, the penthouse residence includes a gracious master suite with abundant storage, 4 additional bedrooms, 5 baths and 4 powder rooms, eat in kitchen with great room, screening room, billiards room, card room, den, 2 office spaces, indoor/outdoor space with secondary kitchen area and multiple private terraces.
Originally built in 1929 as Chicago’s most prestigious office building and headquarters of the Colgate-Palmolive Company, the tower is world renowned for its dynamic steeped architectural design. Magnificently renovated in 2002 by developer Draper and Kramer, the building has become known as one of Chicago’s most exclusive luxury condominium addresses. Vince Vaughn reportedly purchased the triplex penthouse, which occupies the top three floors of the building, for $12 Million in 2006.
- Original Builder: Holabird & Root (1929)
- Conversion Developer: Draper and Kramer (2001)
- Conversion Architect: Booth Hansen Architects (2001)
- Owner: Vince Vaughn – Actor (The Internship, Wedding Crashers, Dodgeball, The Break-Up) – 2006
- Location: 159 East Walton Place PH, Chicago, IL 60611, USA