It is no secret that Sydney, Australia is one of the most expensive cities in the world to live in, but it’s also one of the most beautiful. Whether you’re moving or just want tips on how to be the best Sydneysider you can, this guide will cover everything from finding an apartment to parking tips and more!
Tips for finding an apartment
Here are some tips that you can use to find the right apartment:
- How to find the right neighbourhood: If you’re looking for a place with a good school district and low crime rate, check out websites like ThePinnacleList.com or ask your friends who live in Sydney what their favourite neighbourhoods are.
- How to find the right building: Writing personalised emails to real estate agents really helps you get a head start. Real estate agencies can notify you of apartments before they become available on the market.
Tips for finding parking
Parking can be a challenge in Sydney, but if you type ‘parking Sydney’ in Google, it will bring up loads of options that can help. Monthly parking is much cheaper than parking daily, and you can save a fortune doing this. There are many parking apps to help you find a spot. These apps allow you to pay through the app and display your ticket on the dashboard of your car so that you don’t have to park meters or ticket machines. Some of these services also include emergency services such as tow trucks if needed.
Other helpful parking apps include Street Parking which allows users to search for free street parking around Sydney.
Tips for finding the right work
When you’re looking for work, it can be difficult to know where to start. Many websites offer job advice, such as CV writing, application hints and tips, and even interviewing advice.
There is a wide range of working opportunities in Sydney and the surrounding areas, including:
- Engineer or IT specialist
- Salesperson or call centre agent
- Hospitality or retail (or both!)
Tips for getting private health coverage
Private health insurance is a must for living in Sydney. It’s important to ensure that you’re getting the right coverage and using it to your advantage.
- Make sure you have the right coverage: As with all insurance products, there are different types of private health coverage available. You’ll want to make sure that your policy covers any medical conditions that may affect you while living here, as well as any pre-existing conditions (if applicable).
- Look into getting a discount on top of what’s already covered by Medicare: In Australia, anyone over 65 years old receives a government rebate on their premiums; people aged 71 or older also qualify for these rebates if they have been paying off their own health bills for at least 10 years prior to enrolling in Medicare’s public system or if they were previously enrolled but then opted out because of financial reasons.
Tips for getting around on public transport
Public transport is a great way to get around: Sydney has an extensive and reliable public transport system.
- The train system is comprehensive, with trains stopping at all stations throughout the city, north and south of the harbour.
- The bus network also covers most areas of Sydney, making it easy to travel into different parts of town without having to drive yourself.
- And if you’re looking for something more adventurous than buses and trains, ferries can take you from one side of the harbour to another or from central Sydney out into the bay itself!
- The light rail is another option if your destination isn’t within walking distance—you can pick one up just about anywhere along its route (which runs along some major streets) and hop off when you reach your stop!
Tips for finding secret beaches
If you want to avoid the crowds, there are plenty of secret beaches in Sydney. A “secret beach” is a beach that isn’t well known and doesn’t have much popularity, but it is still worth checking out. These beaches typically don’t have many people on them, so you’ll have plenty of space to yourself. Secret beaches are not advertised very much in public places like magazines or billboards; instead, they depend on word-of-mouth recommendations from locals to spread their fame around town.
Tips for finding the best restaurants
Sydney is a city of many things. It has some of the best beaches and most spectacular views in Australia, as well as a diverse culinary scene that will leave you wanting more. There are so many different types of restaurants in Sydney that it can be difficult to know where to start. But don’t worry, here are some tips on how to find the best restaurants in Sydney:
- Ask the locals: If you’ve never been before but have friends or family who live there, ask them what their favourite spots are. If they recommend a place that’s not on your radar yet, take note—they’ll know better than anyone else what makes a restaurant worth visiting.
- Try to look for restaurants that offer multi-cuisine dishes: Looking for restaurants offering multi-cuisine dishes is a great way to be adventurous, especially if you’re new to Sydney. You can get a taste of many countries in one place, and you can also learn about other cultures.
- Use Tripadvisor: Tripadvisor is a great way to search for restaurants and read real reviews. You can filter by customer ratings and even search for specific food types.
Living in Sydney can be a breeze!
Living in Sydney can be a breeze! There are countless ways to get around, including buses, trains and ferries. If you have a car or motorcycle license from another country, you may be able to use it here.
You can also register for health insurance through Medicare Australia. It’s possible to buy private health insurance if you would like more coverage than Medicare offers – but it is not mandatory to do so.
Sydney has more beaches than any other city in Australia! Whether you want a quiet beach that’s perfect for relaxing or an action-packed beach with watersports galore, there is one nearby that will fit your needs perfectly.
We hope we’ve been able to give you some helpful tips for how to get the most out of living in Sydney. Whether you’re just starting out on your journey, or you have lived here for years, there are always new things to learn and new ways to improve your experience. These are just some examples of what makes Sydney such a great place to live.