When you’re getting your luxurious fancy home renovated to be even more luxurious and fancy, there can definitely be a lot of turmoil. The plumber might discover that the original piping has been destroyed by tree roots, or there may be a problem with the foundation if you live in an older home.
Plus, even if nothing goes wrong, there’s just the constant sound of drills, saws, jackhammers, and hammers buzzing and pounding all day long. If you happen to be around the house during all that, it can easily start to feel as though you’ll lose your mind.
Don’t let it get to you. With the right tips, you can keep a level head and sail through your home renovation more smoothly than that sailing trip you took on the Mediterranean last summer. Let’s take a look at 3 easy, surefire ways that you can keep your sanity even through the most extensive home renovation.
Find peace in your hobbies
Hobbies are one of life’s most important activities. They let us feel productive, creative, and give us an outlet for stress when the rest of the world seems like too much to bear – like during a home renovation.
When you’re struggling through the sounds of construction equipment all day, you may be able to find some peace by focusing on your hobbies. The best hobbies are ones that get you out of the house:
- Horseback riding through the countryside
- Sailing in the ocean or the nearest lake
- Relaxing on your yacht
- Playing bocce ball with your in-laws
- Playing polo with the lads from the country club
- Retail therapy at your favorite luxury supplier
- Eating out at the finest restaurants
- Taking a cooking class to learn the art of luxury cuisine
There are, of course, plenty of other hobbies you could happily throw yourself into in order to avoid the ordeal of a luxury home renovation. And, by focusing on your hobbies, the time will fly even faster—meaning your home renovation will feel like it’s done even sooner!
Find the right relaxing supplements
These days, relaxation doesn’t have to be difficult, even for the fiercest busy-bodies and work-addicts. The right relaxation supplements are often only a few clicks away, easily delivered to your door in hours, if you opt for same-day or two-day shipping. Here are a few amazing supplements we always recommend:
- CBD: You may have heard of CBD, and with good reason! CBD comes from cannabis, but unlike its crude chemical cousin THC, it doesn’t make you high. CBD is extracted from cannabis and is used as a natural relaxer, as it can soothe the nerves, put a stop to chronic pain, and generally let you feel more rested and at ease—even helping you get to sleep and stay asleep. CBD gummies are a fan favorite, if you’re looking for a more elegant way to consume than smoking.
- Ginseng: This ancient root has natural relaxing abilities that will help soothe your mind, relax your muscles, and help you feel calmer. Ginseng is easily consumed in tea, or put into a capsule as a supplement. Simply take a pill or have a cup of ginseng tea in the morning to enter into a more relaxed headspace that will get you through even the noisiest renovation.
- Lavender oil: Lavender essential oil has therapeutic and relaxing properties when diffused through a steamer and gently inhaled. We recommend steaming lavender oil in your bedroom before bed for a gentle and deep night’s sleep, helping you get through the stress of your renovation with a clearer head and more well-rested attitude.
Take a little vacation
If all else fails, the best way to avoid the stress of a luxury home renovation is simply to get out of town. After all, we all need to live a little. So, pack up your bags, find the best luxury hotels, and make a plan to see those sights you’ve always wanted to see—whether that’s Machu Pichu or the Eifel Tower!
When you return, your renovation will be all done, and you’ll have avoided the worst, most annoying parts of the whole experience. No matter how you choose to get through your renovation woes, remember that in the end, it’ll all be worth it when you have the gorgeous new space to relax in.