When you decorate your home, you can inadvertently leave one or two blank walls. Being clueless about those barren walls drives you nuts. So, without much ado, you can start by adding some millwork.
- Molding, rail, and wainscoting can transform a space in a blink. Just add some architectural details, dimension, artwork, or pictures to a blank wall and see the dramatic impact.
- Put wooden pallet planks on the walls. You can get them for free. The old pallets are recyclable.
- The pallet boards don’t collide with each other and there’s no void to let bright paint peep out of the pictures.
- Items like window decals and maps are always viable. Both are extremely pocket-friendly and takes a couple of minutes to install.
- Stickers can be of varied sizes and shapes. They are not typically suitable for commercial purposes. You can also use them on home walls.
- They could be spiritual, religious, cultic, musical, natural, vacations, tourism, and mythology and many other things.
- You can also add ledges, sconces, and mirrors. You can hang a large frame map as a single statement piece.
- An accent wall featuring a collection of different maps is another idea. It’s a fun project to undertake with children.
As the mirror leans
A leaning mirror against a spotless white wall exudes class and elegance. In addition to making a room feel brighter and bigger in no time, large mirrors are the best way of adding stylish details to blank walls.
- Instead of threadbare mirror hangings, lean a mirror against the wall. It could be the bathroom, a drab hallway, or a lacklustre entrance.
- A mirror in these can surely amplify the wall and overall aesthetic appeal of your home. Chic and easy, you don’t need to add any decorative accents. The minimalist route is the best route.
- Floating shelves can enliven any area, including the ceiling and floor. When you expose furniture to the walls, you enhance the gorgeous content.
- Take it a notch higher by combining the pieces with a floating piece or console, creating an unmissable focal point.
- From vintage baubles to framed photos, well-curated and planned vignettes can make a blank wall stand out.
- Playful or comic displays are great. The wall makeover will be next-level if you pair the shelves with happy accents.
In your bedroom
An empty, bland wall in your bedroom needs painting in vibrant shades. Choosing different colors will give the space a much different look and vibe. It’s very easy to achieve the tone without going too pricey or overboard.
It allows you to let your creative juices flow. Design the wall with different and diverse pattern to match the room’s overall look. You can always add a painting or wall mural. It’s one of the best and most common ways for transforming an empty wall into a deep character.
A new mural can achieve a lot without burning your pocket. You can use gift ideas or anniversary photos in these murals. You can even customize window decals with these pictures and stick them on your bedroom wall.