The exterior of your home is the first thing people see. It’s also the last thing you see when you leave for work in the morning. That means it’s important that it looks good to inspire, in one way or another, anyone who gazes at it!
But, if it’s been quite a while since you spruced it up, here are some tips on how to refresh your home’s exterior, so it feels like new again:
1. Use Paint
Painting is the easiest way to refresh your home’s exterior. And, it’s also an inexpensive and effective way to change things up while also weatherproofing your house.
Paints come in a variety of colors, and they can make your home look bigger and brighter. And, while it may seem like a daunting task, painting is actually pretty simple once you get started. With the right supplies and preparation, you’ll be able to finish the task in no time, and have fun while doing so.
Painting has the added advantage of preserving your walls and protecting your home from weather elements. If you want a professional paint job, engage a contractor to handle the painting. Professionals know the importance of weatherproofing when painting a home’s exterior.
2. Don’t Forget The Shutters
Shutters add visual interest to your home exterior. They can be used to cover windows on the outside of the house, and can be made of wood, metal, or other materials.
Shutters are an easy way to create a cohesive look outside, while also giving your home architectural distinction from other houses on the block.
You can also paint them to match the exterior color of your house, so they blend seamlessly with the color scheme.
3. Update Your Door
If you’re looking for a quick and easy way to give your home a facelift, replacing the front door is one of the simplest ways to do it. It’s also one of the most effective.
A modern front door would be aesthetically-sound and can make your home exterior look refreshed. Also, try to change your door’s hardware, so it matches with the hardware found inside the house, or simply decide on one color scheme for all of them to create harmony.
4. Add Some Planters
Planters are a great and easy way to reanimate your home exterior. You could use them for the following purposes:
- Add some color: An effortless way of infusing your home with the joyful energy of spring is by adding some planters, which you can decorate with flowers, herbs, or other plants that you love. Flowers are great accessories for balconies and patios because they can also add color without requiring too much maintenance. In particular, have them arranged close together so that their colors mix—this will create a vibrant effect without taking up too much room.
- Add some greenery: Even if you’re not a plant person, it’s still possible to bring greenery into your property in a natural and beautiful way, and you don’t need an entire garden to achieve it! Try hanging planters with draping or flowering plants on the balcony or patio of your house. They’ll look gorgeous when they’re blooming in warm weather, and provide that much-needed fresh air and shade during hot days, and a cool breeze during warm ones.
5. Create An Outdoor Living Space
Outdoor living spaces are a popular trend in home design. In fact, they’re said to be one of the biggest trends for the last couple of years.
With climate change becoming an increasingly dire issue across the country and worldwide, people want to enjoy their homes’ outdoor environments in as many ways as possible. And, if you don’t have one yet in your backyard, don’t fret as the process is pretty easy. All you need are some of the following:
- a shaded area
- plenty of seating options
- all-weather furniture
- adequate lighting
You could check out some designs online or consult a home designer for some ideas.
6. Remember Your Gutters
You might forget about them, but they’re an important part of keeping your home safe. Gutters are there to catch the rainwater that runs off your roof. Despite their utility value, if picked right, gutters could actually amp up your home’s aesthetic appeal, like what Spanish or copper gutters could do.
There are so many ways you can refresh your home’s exterior, you don’t have to spend a lot of money to carry out any of these. Just by updating the paint on your home or adding some planters, you’ll see an instant difference that’ll make your house look brand new.