An intimate boutique hotel located on the breathtaking Nicoya Peninsula nestled within the tranquil Ballena Bay, this gorgeous beach resort on Playa Tambor in Costa Rica, is a nature lover’s paradise offering a sensational retreat to unplug and unwind along with a perfect combination of comfort, convenience and adventure.
Tambor is located on the Nicoya Peninsula on the Pacific Coast side of Costa Rica and encompasses much of the region’s natural beauty. Nestled in an open volcanic valley and surrounded by forested hills, Tambor looks out to the Bahia Ballena (Whale Bay) where the surf is calm and the translucent water is gleaming with marine wildlife. The resort sits south of the Curu Wildlife Reserve and Tortuga Island and is rich with a bountiful variety of birds, monkeys and other wildlife.
At Tambor Tropical, one can just lie by the pristine, blue-tiled pool and spot scarlet macaws in the trees overhead. At the bar, see hummingbirds dart to the feeders stationed around the resort. For bird watchers of all skill and interest levels, Tambor Tropical offers an experience of a lifetime. The area has been developing as Costa Rica’s next premiere bird watching destination and has fostered a vibrant birding culture. With close to 300 different bird species recorded on and around the property, Tambor Tropical is a nature and wildlife paradise.
Built in a design dictated by nature, the boutique hotel is constructed from local hardwoods, with great care to only use materials, which are not endangered.
- Architecturally spectacular.
- 12 beachfront suites, on the Pacific Ocean.
- 1,000 square feet each with full kitchens.
- 1 garden suite, 700 square feet.
- Massage and Jacuzzi studio.
- Large beachside tile pool with jacuzzi.
- 450’ beach frontage, 2 hectares of lush gardens, natural habitat and outstanding shelling beach.
- Full restaurant, bar, kitchen, walk-in cooler, dry storage, dining rancho, exercise rancho, laundry services, maintenance shop, and employee dining area.
- Large office, lobby gallery, fully computerized and equipped.
- Two 700 square foot Manager apartments (one faces ocean).
- Includes adjacent beachfront property for expansion - additional hotel units or condominiums - 440’ beach frontage, 21 hectares (10,000 sq. meters).
- Clear title beachfront resort on 6.0 acres, 13 architecturally stunning suites, lush gardens, pool, spa, full restaurant, bar, kitchen, lobby/gallery, two apartments.
- Additional 2.5 acres, 400 feet beachfront available for condos, expansion.
|Name||Tambor Tropical Beach Resort|
|Lot||261,360 sq. ft. (24,280.94 m²)|
|Land||6.00 acres (2.43 hectares)|
Activities & Adventure
Nature & Wildlife