- Name: Legend Point at Highland Park
- Price: $21,000,000 USD (Jan 18, 2013)
- Main Residence: 32,683 sq. ft.
- Total Compound Size: 56,000 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 9
- Bathrooms: 15 full and 4 half
- Fireplaces: 5
- Garages: Three garages with up to 15 heated parking spaces.
- Cigar Room: Includes cigar room with walk-in humidor.
- Salon: Includes a professional full-service beauty salon.
- Wine Cellar: 500+ bottles with temperature and humidity control.
- Basketball Complex: Regulation size NBA competition-quality indoor basketball court complete with locker rooms and showers.
- Recreation: Includes state-of-the-art home-theatre, fitness studio, professional gym, tennis court, putting green, outdoor infinity pool pavilion with retractable roof and walls plus an exterior entertaining area with fireplace, grill and wet bar.
- Guests: Includes guest wing with 3 ensuite bedrooms and separate entrance.
- Lot Purchased: 1991
- Built: 1993-1995
- Renovated: 2009
- Property: 7.39 acres
- Tax Value: $2,436,309 (2011)
- Property Taxes: $180,927 (2011)
The personal residence of legendary NBA Basketball superstar Michael Jordan for over 20 years, Legend Point at Highland Park is a sprawling 56,000 sq. ft. estate compound set on 7.39 acres located 23 miles north of Chicago in an exclusive area of beautiful estate homes.
With a front gate that’s boldly emblazoned with his signature #23 Chicago Bulls jersey number, Jordan, as you would expect, lived in the home extensively during his NBA years. However, he currently spends most of his time at his Florida residence.
“I have so many amazing, happy memories of my life in the house over the years,” Jordan stated. “It’s where my kids grew up. It’s where I lived during my championship years. I still have business interests in Chicago, including my restaurants, and Chicago will always have a piece of my heart. It’s a special place with incredible people, who embraced me from the day I arrived. But my kids are grown now and I don’t need a large house there anymore.”
Custom-built for Jordan, the property features a full-size regulation NBA competition-quality indoor basketball court complete with locker rooms and showers and a glass observation area and adjacent lounge area. The court is constructed with cushioned hardwood flooring, adjustable backstops and baskets, and commercial high-intensity lighting. The basketball court’s custom sound system contains speakers expressly tuned for the space.
The 32,683 sq. ft. main residence spans three levels and includes 9 bedrooms, 15 baths and five fireplaces. The estate includes a separate guest wing with 3 ensuite bedrooms and a separate entrance. Built with a contemporary style, the residence features such personal luxuries as a 500-bottle wine cellar, a wine-tasting room, a cigar room with a walk-in humidor, a beauty salon, a billiard parlor, a fitness studio, a professional gym, and a home theater with built-in video game chairs with consoles.
The outdoor entertainment area of Jordan’s incredible property includes an infinity pool pavilion with a retractable roof and walls plus an exterior entertaining area with fireplace, grill and wet bar, an extensive Wisconsin limestone terrace, a putting green and an outdoor tennis court.
- Owner: Michael Jordan – 2013 (Legendary NBA Chicago Bulls Superstar Basketball Player)