The Garden State is among the leaders in jackpot winnings from the Atlantic City casinos—both online and offline ones. We’re listing 10 top jackpots won in slots in Atlantic City, as they have already led NJ gamblers to experience what true luck is like.
What Are The Odds Of Landing a Jackpot?
It’s vital to understand how to choose a slot to have the odds to land a jackpot. For that, it’s necessary to have an idea of the key aspects of slot machines that come together to lead players to a winning combination. For instance, RTP, volatility, and progressive jackpot features.
The RTP stands for return to the player. It means the level of bet that is returned to the player after the bet. The value is in the slot machine at the time of creation.
It is essential to pay attention to its house edge when choosing a game. There is a general connection between all slot game brands. Statistics and practice show that plays with characteristically high payouts have significant variance.
According to igamingnj.com, high RTP slots being the most popular for the Garden State gamblers are as follows:
- Starburst by NetEnt with the RTP of 96.01%;
- IGT’s Cleopatra and its RTP of 95.02%;
- Big Time Gaming’s Bonanza’s RTP of 96%.
The list can go on, and the matter of finding a game to suit you results in both winning and having fun playing.
Slot volatility is a concept that plays a vital role when it comes to the winning rate from a particular slot machine. Low volatility assigned to slot games enables gamblers to have a higher winning probability. However, jackpots would be smaller with the range from 250 to 500 times the bet. In addition, these games are less fascinating compared to the high volatility slots.
High volatility slot machines (aka high-risk slots) are machines that rarely give an opportunity to win but the amount you can win is manifold bigger than the one compared to the low volatility ones.
In NJ, the most popular high volatility slots are Dead or Alive 2 and Starburst XXXtreme from NetEnt. In contrast, Tiger 7s from Everi Interactive and NetEnt’s Divine Fortune are examples of low volatility fruit machines.
A progressive slot works to have a jackpot that grows as the players’ bets enter the game. A predetermined percentage will go directly to the jackpot each time a bet is made by any player betting on this exact slot. It will continue to grow until a lucky player makes the jackpot fall out—and there is no upper limit to how big a jackpot can be before it is paid out.
NJ gamblers are fond of progressive slots like Entain, PLC’s Bison Fury and Oracle of Dead.
In compliance with the New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement, the following biggest casino winnings in Atlantic City are known for 2021:
- $3,538,562.75 (on MGM Grand Millions on November 16, 2021, at Borgata casino);
- $1,644,349.78 (on WOF Pink Diamond on September 19, 2021, at Resorts);
- $1,154,059 (on Millionaire Genie on January 2, 2021 at 888 Casino);
- $1,000,000 (on Game King Multi Poker on October 11, 2021, at Harrah’s)
- $717,925.45 (on MGM Grand Millions (The Big One Colossal Cash) on February 17, 2021, at Borgata casino);
- $547,565.77 (on MegaJackpots Wheel of Fortune on February 11, 2021, on caesarscasino.com);
- $489,865.63 (on Divine Fortune on April 6, 2021, at Borgata casino);
- $451,650 (on Griffin Throne on June 26, 2021 at BetfairCasino);
- $402,530 (on Turn Your Fortune on November 5, 2021, at Borgata Casino);
- $401,393.76 (on Divine Fortune on October 6, 2021, at Borgata Casino).
So, you may always try the same games when gambling in NJ to double-check if you can hit the same jackpot amount!