Not every homeowner pays the required attention to their roof as they should! It’s only when there’s an emergency, do they call the roofing contractor for help. Roof repairs and replacement can take place as and when required. But it is essential for homeowners to opt-in for the roof inspection. It is one of the crucial preventive maintenance jobs, that often gets overlooked. So, if you want to stay under a secure and safe home, it is necessary to check the roof conditions from time to time.
Homeowners often get squeamish concerning heights. If you resonate with that, you need to get in touch with a professional roofing company. These companies have specialized roof inspector professionals who can accomplish the task correctly. To know more about this, you can check out Patriot Roofing and Construction.
Whether you are hiring a roofing company or getting a DIY inspection done, you need to have a checklist. The things that you should include in the list are:
- Broken, missed or curled shingles.
- Cracked caulk and rust spots on the flashing.
- A damaged or a missing chimney cap. That’s certainly part of the roof. But it’s good to include that in the inspection list.
- Blistering and buckling shingles.
- The presence of lichen or moss, which can signal that the roof is already decaying. You also need to check for black algae stains, even though it might appear cosmetic.
- The worn or cracked rubber boots close to the vent pipes.
Sometimes, homeowners also come across the colored grit piles from the asphalt roof tiles inside the gutters. If you see that, know that it’s not a favorable sign. These granules that look like sand cover the roof shingle surface and protects it from the sun’s harsh ultraviolet rays. You can check the roof age as well. That will give you a hint about whether or not you should call the roofing contractor or not.
Get the roof moss cleaned
One of the pertinent issues that get disclosed after the roof inspection is the moss accumulation. The moss eradication process starts during the fall. You can opt-in for the roof moss killers. Your roofing company can you also suggest the best product. Sometimes, you have moss accumulation during spring as well. So, it’s better to get your roof inspected in regular intervals twice or thrice a year, to steer clear of moss and other bacteria issues. It will also help to clean the gutters.
Know before your roof leaks
Roof leaks are one of the essential issues that homeowners face. A proper roof inspection can help homeowners to read the signs of roof leaks. The early signs are:
- There are damp spots close to the fireplace.
- The ceiling gets dark areas and patches.
- There are water stains on the pipe that vents the furnace or water heater.
- The paint peels off under the roof.
Roof inspection gives you a detailed report about your roof and the present loopholes. It helps you to know how much you have to spend on the repair or opt-in for a complete roof replacement. Make sure you join hands with an expert and licensed roofing company for a systematic roof inspection process.