For many families in America, attending a fair is an end of summer family tradition. But of course, going to the same local fair every year can be predictable and seem a bit mundane. Why not do something a bit different this year and make this annual tradition a luxury getaway for the family. The Minnesota State Fair is one of the biggest fairs celebrated by locals and foreigners from different parts of the globe and is the largest state fair in the United States by average daily attendance. A fair that started in 1859 has grown over the years and continues to expect more and more visitors annually and it is just the place to with your family and friends.
Here are just a few reasons why a trip to the Minnesota State Fair would make for a memorable experience with people dear to you.
1. Tastiest Foods
There are numerous reasons why a lot of people visit the Minnesota State Fair. Aside from being part of the oldest traditions in the country, this state fair also offers a wide variety of food stands and food carts that you can’t see in other places. If you’re trying to make your own MN State Fair Bingo card, make sure that you include the following:
- The Sandwich Stop: A sandwich can be considered as a staple in every state fair. Sandwiches can come in different flavors and are very easy to consume. If you’re fascinated with sandwiches, head out to The Sandwich Stop at the Minnesota State Fair. Try out their Bada Bing Sandwich for you to enjoy an Italian twist to everyone’s classic favorite. This sandwich contains melted mozzarella cheese, salami, and fresh basil.
- Farmers Union Coffee Shop: If you have a sweet tooth, visiting a state fair will never be complete without tasting any desserts. If you share the same sentiment, add the Farmers Union Coffee Shop to your list and order their blueberry key lime pie. Because it’s made from blueberry key lime filling, graham cracker crust, and fresh blueberries, this dessert will surely satisfy any sweet cravings!
- Swine & Spuds:
Any food that’s easy to eat can be a hit in every state fair—and in the Minnesota State Fair, you’ll be able to eat the best bratwurst in the city. Look for the Swine & Spuds spot in the Minnesota State Fair and order their deep-fried dilly dog.
2. Great Shopping Deals
If this is your first time to visit the Minnesota State Fair or even the United States, you’ll probably look for items or valuables that can help you remember the experience. You’d want a memorabilia to be displayed in your home or carry it wherever you go so you’ll be reminded of the fun you had in the Minnesota State Fair. You don’t have to worry about getting a souvenir because in this state fair, there are several bazaars to choose from. From handmade to customized items, you can find everything here. Just make sure you scout for options and compare the best prices so you can score a bargain!
3. Fun Games and Rides
Traveling with kids will always be a good idea. Aside from creating a positive impact on their development and expanding their social circle, traveling with your kids can be a great way for you to bond with them. Here are some of the most fun games and rides that you can introduce to your kids during the Minnesota State Fair:
- Butterfly House: As the name suggests, this is the perfect place for your kids to know and mingle with different types of butterflies.
- Great Big Sandbox: No matter what your kids’ interests are, for sure, they will always have fun in a sandbox. And you can give them the same experience once you visit the Great Big Sandbox at the Minnesota State Fair. This is a great playground for your kids to pour, dig, and scoop sand with their peers!
- Haunted House: Haunted houses don’t need any introduction. The scare you and your kids will experience in this attraction will surely be one for the books!
- Giant Slides: Slides are a classic in every state fair. Kids and kids at heart can surely have fun with any kind of slide—and you’ll certainly find one of the best and biggest in the Minnesota State Fair. This five-story attraction will give riders the thrill of their lives!
- Go Karts: If you’re looking for a unique way to enjoy the Minnesota State Fair, try the Go Karts. Through this ride, you’ll be able to race and see different attractions in the state fair at impressive speeds.
If you want to experience the wonders of the Minnesota State Fair, start looking for tickets and accommodations within the area. The earlier you book your trip, the better!