One of the most remarkable and unique one-of-a-kind luxury homes in the world is destined for a multimillion-dollar auction. In just a week from today, the luxury real estate auction for The Razor will begin at 11:00am on November 10, 2011 with a starting bid of $13.9 million.
A modern day architectural masterpiece, the 11,000 sq. ft. Razor Residence at 9826 La Jolla Farms Way in San Diego, California originally came to market at $45.0 million. This exclusive auction presents a tremendous opportunity to purchase this incredible landmark estate far below it’s estimated $34.0 million construction cost.
Masterfully designed by Wallace E. Cunningham, one of Architectural Digest’s Top 100 Designers, The Razor is an unparalleled statement of modern luxury. Located in the exclusive La Jolla Farms area of San Diego, sited on a bluff overlooking California’s world famous Black’s Beach, the stunning location and epic home are truly irreplaceable.
Listing agent, Bob Hurwitz of Beverly Hills-based Hurwitz James Company stated:
The architect Wallace Cunningham considers Razor his masterpiece. The degree of imagination and thought that went into aspects of the design are almost beyond belief, from exactly what natural light passes through the property at every hour from morning to evening, to incorporating a knowledge of airflow over geometric shapes to insure there is never any wind in the courtyard area no matter how windy it may be on the bluff, to casting concrete like it had not been done before, to a list too long for me to put into this email, this home is truly one of a kind. Certainly, with today’s building restrictions nothing like it could ever possibly be built again in this location.
The Razor Residence November 10, 2011 auction details as provided by Hurwitz James Company are as follows:
1. Auction by oral bid to be held on Thursday, November 10, 2011, starting at 11AM PDT at the office of the attorney for the Trustee: Jeff Davis of Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, P.C. at 3580 Carmel Mountain Road, Suite 300 | San Diego, CA 92130 Qualified bidders may bid on telephone conference line. Only qualified bidders will be allowed to participate in the auction. All bids are required to be in US dollars and shall be in cash. Bidders or their authorized representatives must bring a Cashier’s Check in the amount of $500,000 made out to themselves or to Leslie Gladstone, Trustee to participate.
2. Bidders to register by not later than 5 pm PDT Tuesday, November 8, 2011 by submitting proof of bidder’s ability to timely close (by December 15, 2011) to the trustee.
3. The auction will be conducted by the Trustee who will be the sole judge of the rules by which the auction will be conducted and the high bidder. The minimum bid will be US$13,900,000 with overbids in increments of $100,000.
4. The property will be sold free and clear of liens, but otherwise as, is, where is. The home will be unfinished. Other than personal property that is incorporated into the construction of the house, no personal property (staged furniture, etc.) will convey.
5. The successful bidder will sign a non-contingency purchase agreement and is aware sale is subject to lender’s approval.
The internationally recognized Razor Residence has been featured in:
- Calvin Klein’s first ever commercial, “Modern Elegance with Timeless Luxury” televised during the 68th annual Golden Globes awards ceremony.
- Visa’s famous female James Bond Inspired “Black Card” commercial described as for those who demand only the best of what life has to offer.
- Aston Martin’s North American reveal of the limited edition $500,000+ “V12 Zagato” supercar at The Razor during an exclusive event described as a “private evening of power, beauty, and soul.”
If you would like more information about The Razor Residence, or would like to register for the November 10, 2011 auction, please call listing agent Bob Hurwitz directly at +1 (310) 477-8865.